Monday, June 02, 2008

When things go south

Hello campers. There's not much good news to share today. I'm guessing that Sexy Beast and I will shortly be heading back across the pond. I think we're both tired of waiting on visas to tell us what our future is going to look like.

I'm ok with that, but the event of ending tends to raise uncomfortable questions for me. I guess the question on my mind is one which I should not be attempting to answer. Nonetheless, my treasure is still at least partly on earth... I can't shake the terrible burden of trying to evaluate my life and see what it's worth.

Especially when it comes to friendship, I question everything. For me the value of my life consists of the the value of the long lasting personal connections I have made with those around me. I keep looking around at those who I have called friends over the years and wondering what happened to them all. I wonder if I choose friends based on the wrong criteria. In particular, I think it's probably more important to consider what we have in common, as it appears that what we share is what binds us together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing the pond eh???
I like that phrase...wish I had reason to use it more in my conversations.

Happy Hump Day

A Naughty Mouse said...

Don't question so much. Just be happy that you have met some wonderful people, and they think you are pretty swell, too! =)