Monday, August 11, 2008

The long and winding road

So it's shaping up to be a nightmare end to this period of my life. I suppose that's appropriate after all the disappointments and failures that I have had here.

The car's not selling - no idea why - it's a great car. There's no way I would give it up if I didn't have to. The piano's not selling - again - a beautiful instrument... The city has put a code violation against my house, so I'm having to shell out a crap load of money to do repairs right when I can't afford it. Work continues to be emotionally difficult... At least that is coming to an end very soon.

I know it's all worth it. After all, we made this decision together and I am proud of how we handled it. It would have been very easy to try to screw the system and stay here at all costs, but we are allowing life to have his way... I think that's ultimately more important.

Last night was my last bible study thank G-d... Now to reimagine everything.

6 comments:

A Naughty Mouse said...

You know that if I could afford it, I would buy your car. Love me some good Honda action!

Anonymous said...

The city of dallas is LAME with their code violations. You should pee on the sign!!!

At least in London you won't have the stupid city of dallas crap to worry about eh?

Anonymous said...

Why don't you trade your car for the work on your house?

A Naughty Mouse said...

And now you must blog again since you are back in the arms of the woman you love!
Glad you had a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Sooo....did your pond hopping go ok?

A Naughty Mouse said...

New blog new blog new blog!!!

Go and put in your 2 cents worth on my poll!